Friday, September 22, 2006

"Can I go see my birthmama?"

What? Did I hear her right???

"Can I go see my birthmama?" she said from the back seat of the car as I buckled her in.

OMG. How do I answer this when it's my 3yo asking the question? I expected that question to come a little later in life.

So, clumsily, I said, "When you are older Mama will do whatever she can to help you try and find your birthmama but remember she is far away in Korea right now."

(small delay while dd thinks this one over...)

She smiles and says, "Okay!"

Phew (as sweat is wiped from my brow).

2 comments:

Beth Gallagher said...

Yeesh! Almost like K asking me why her grandma can't come live with us "since we have so much and she has nothing". Actually I looked into it because I felt so bad, but they won't grant her a visa.

B

Nomadic One said...

Oh my...K's comment makes M's seem very mild in comparison. She is so wise for her almost-5 yrs. Give her kisses for me.

T