Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Five years ago this morning...

was the best phone call of my life! Our agency called me at work at 8:30 a.m. to let me know that Munchkin had all her paperwork in order and was coming home to us in TWO days! I shrieked out loud I was so excited! I was nervous and happy and busy...BikeBoy and I had hardly prepared for Munchkin's arrival. I was very superstitious that something would happen (after years of infertility and delays in becoming parents) so we had a few things but hadn't set up the nursery at all yet. In fact, BikeBoy went out the day before Munchkin's arrival to buy a crib/changing table then--on the morning of her arrival when he attempted to set it up--he found a major piece of the crib was missing! Yikes! The store wasn't even open yet and our baby was coming in 6 hours and we didn't have a crib! BikeBoy called the store anyway and, thankfully, some kind soul answered the phone and told him to bring the crib back and he would meet BikeBoy at the front door with a replacement even though they weren't open yet! Mission was accomplished, thank goodness. :)

More to follow on March 6th (if I have time!!!)...we usually celebrate Family Day (or Airplane Day) so we may be too busy to post here but I'll try! I just can't believe it has been 5 yrs already.

1 comment:

Beth Gallagher said...

How completely wonderful and what a fantastic little family you make. I'm so glad you came home, Munchkin, and so very glad that we got to know you too! Kisses to all of you, my friends.

xoxoxo
B