Saturday, March 15, 2008

My perfect house...

Besides containing Munchkin and BikeBoy it would also:

  • have a soundproofed music room (including recording studio)
  • have a 4 car garage (mostly for all our stuff!)
  • have a lap pool, weight room, cardio fitness area, racquetball court, tap floor
  • have space for my own office (where I could also actually see clients at home!) and one for BikeBoy, too
  • have a library room
  • have a master BR/bath (with sunken tub)
  • have 2 fairly large bedrooms (one for each kiddo) and a shared bath between them
  • have an extra spare bedroom just for guests (with its own bath and sitting area)
  • have a craft/playroom
  • have a central courtyard that would be circular and grassy
  • have an ocean view
  • have a mountain view
  • have a city skyscraper view
  • be on at least 5 acres of gently rolling hills and come with a landscaper/gardener who would teach me things so I could get out there and learn what to do!
  • be within 1 mile of (so we could walk to...): a pizza place, a coffee shop, a Mexican restaurant, a grocery store with a huge organic/natural foods section, the library, all schools that Munchkin would attend K-12, a post office, my job, a tap dance studio, a movie theatre, a symphony, a blues club, an ice skating rink
  • be green (as in eco-friendly not as in painted green!)

I'll think of more, I'm sure. How impossible does that all sound???

2 comments:

Beth Gallagher said...

Wow, that is some little mansion you are planning for yourself!!! :) All I require is a small cottage with an ocean view and dunes, a deck for relaxing after the kids go to bed in the summer, a screened in part of the deck to combat B-52 mosquitos, a hot tub, and a large kitchen with a breakfast nook. Garage for 2 cars, and above it - a sstudio for me and small office for dh. Large yard with a swiss family robinson-style treehouse.

Still crossing everything and saying prayers for D. Please let me know the minute you hear?

Love,
B

Nomadic One said...

Well, you know, B, it would take winning mega-lotto to obtain that and it isn't actually attainable anyway, is it? Too many conflicting requests! :)

But, what would I really be happy with? A roof and 4 walls with a couple of windows and a door and a working kitchen and bath...the rest would be icing on the cake for someone who has never owned her own home! LOL!

I love your version...especially the dunes and the yard!

Thanks for your continued thoughts for D...I'll keep you posted!

xoxo,
T