Sunday, November 05, 2006

Food is not my friend.

Why can't I just accept the fact that eating well and healthfully does not entail gorging myself on Halloween candy/chips, etc.? As background, I started WeightWatchers Online in mid-May of this year and have since lost about 33 lbs. Well, for the past 5 weeks or so I've either plateaued or gained weight so I'm now at just 30 lbs under my beginning weight. I had company for 2 weeks in October (my mom!) and we ate out a lot...then there were 4 birthday parties in October, 6 if you count celebrating Munchkin's birthday at home and at school as well as her bday party itself. Then we had my grad. school friends over and I had to try a taste of everything everyone brought. Then the time has changed and days have shortened which makes it hard to get out for my 5x/week walks. Then Halloween came along...it was a cold night and we only had about 1/3 the number of Trick-or-Treaters as usual. I had bought mostly healthful treats this year but there was some chocolate and I have proceeded to eat most of what was leftover. Uuuggg. Or should I say *burp* instead! Or maybe *oink* would be more appropriate.

I do feel addicted to bad foods...I don't gorge myself on apples, obviously ('though I do love apples!)...I will eat 10 Hershey Kisses but can only make myself eat one apple. For Weightwatchers 5 Hershey Kisses equal the same amount of points as 3 apples. Which would fill me up more? Three apples. Which would really taste delicious and yummy? HERSHEY KISSES, of course.

So...I will try to get back on track tomorrow. I haven't been journaling my food choices and I found that was a key factor in my weightloss success...if I see it written down it's much harder to deny that I ate it. I wish I didn't like food. I wish I hated pizza. I wish chocolate made my stomach turn. (well...if the wish fairy is reading this, I don't REALLY wish any of those things but you KWIM!!)

Plus, I'm only about 13 lbs away from my goal weight...my blood pressure has decreased, I've dropped 3 sizes, etc. The changes are great and I have to focus on this instead of just feeling deprived of junk foods. Junk foods that taste delicious but will shorten my life and cheat me out of time w/Munchkin and BikeBoy (who looks great BTW...he has lost a bunch of weight, too, and now has the physique of Lance Armstrong).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Food is not my friend either. Have been taking refuge in sugar, and tonight feel like my caboose is a very very wide load indeed! Must give up sugar and actually work to decrease my bulk before traveling. Will call you this weekend regarding the fab news on my blog.

xoxo
B

Beth Gallagher said...

By the way, that was me not Brian. Don't know why it didn't list me. Oh well.