Saturday, November 04, 2006

INXS and other musical ramblings

Remember when JD Fortune won RockStar: INXS? I wonder how their tour is going. I saw them when Michael Hutchence was still alive and they were pretty cool. I like JD a lot but I just listened to some audio clips on their website and not many of the songs reached out and grabbed me, KWIM? But, I still really dig "Pretty Vegas" and would download it if it's available somewhere besides iTunes (my MP3 player doesn't do iTunes!).

If there's one thing I'm really looking forward to it's taking Munchkin to some rock or blues shows in the near future. She already loves all kinds of music (except country...good girl!). She will sit through a children's symphony concert for 45 min and she lets me pretty much play any rock in the car. I listen to myriad things on Syrius Radio in the Jeep...alternative, spectrum, hair bands, classic rewind, blues, buzz saw...she doesn't seem to dislike any of them. She really loves Aerosmith, though! Very funny! Even when she was a baby and I used to play one of their CDs to rock (pun not intended!) her to sleep. I have missed going to shows myself so it will be good to get back out there occasionally w/Munchkin in tow (wearing earplugs of course!).

No comments: