Saturday, November 11, 2006

My mom will be alone on Thanksgiving.

She has been invited to her step-(notso)DD's house but doesn't want to go. She said she will tell them she is going to her sister's (not true as her sister and her family is all headed north to her own son's camp and they have not invited my mom--I'm sure they would invite her if they knew she'd be alone). So, Mom's dh can go to his dd's house and mom will "go for a nice ride" and fix something good for lunch instead. That bums me out...breaks my heart, really...that my mom will be alone on such a special holiday. I asked her if she could come out here but she says she really can't...would have to arrange assisted living for her dh and there isn't time and it's a lot of $$. We can't go there ($$$ and time issues, too). So, that's the way it's gonna be this year. :(

No comments: