Friday, October 05, 2007

I can't believe I have a 5 yr old!...

Today was Munchkin's b-day! We actually celebrated last night: went out to a local pizzeria then came home to open presents and have a slice of Barbie cake! Today BikeBoy left to crew at a race for Brody B. so I went to Munchkin's school alone for the Birthday Circle. We brought treats (donut holes and melon balls) and a special book to donate to the class (which I then had to read...I didn't know I had to do that!). It was very fun then Munchkin got to leave w/me which was a treat in itself since we left before school was actually over (thrilling to her!).

Then her best friend, A, came over w/his mom and dad and we all walked to the neighborhood park to share more donuts and juice with some neighbor friends. It was the first nice-ish day in a couple of weeks so it was fun to play outside for a while.

Tonight we just ate leftovers and watched "Peter Pan" together...falling asleep on the couch, curled up under a blanket! A nice couple of days to celebrate the most special girl in the world.

Grandma was sorry she couldn't be here this year but she's hoping to be here for Xmas for the first time.

And I can't write a birthday post without mentioning Munchkin's birthmama. We mention her every night in our prayers to Mother Earth and the Great Spirit...we hope she is happy and healthy but on this day I hope she knows that Mia is happy, healthy and so completely loved by us...I hope Birthmama has no regrets and has a deeper knowledge that she did the best thing. I think that is one of the truest examples of love because it must've been so hard to do. Thank you, Munchkin's Birthmama...may you be gentle with yourself at this time and find comfort knowing how much we love "our" little girl.

No comments: