Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kool Kreme?? Now, do we really need this??

Okay, so you already know that I love donuts. Krispy Kreme are not my favorites but--hey--when you don't have Dunkin Donuts anywhere in a thousand mile radius you'll take them. I really don't get donuts often but a handful of times per year I get a bad jonesing for them and break down and buy a couple (or three!).

ANYway...I digress. An ad arrived w/the junk mail today. Krispy Kreme is now selling ice cream called Kool Kreme. It's soft serve. Sounds fine and all but they also have Donut Sundaes. Ugh. Do we really need a sundae built around (or on top of) a freakin' donut, folks? Or, perhaps even worse, Caramel Apple Fritter Sundaes or Kool Dogs (maple bars filled with ice cream)? Even *I* am totally disgusted by these combinations.

That said, however, I might be coerced into trying the soft serve in the version of a small vanilla cone!

3 comments:

jnew said...

whats so wrong with two of your favorite treats wrapped up into one great creation?

oh and Krispy Kreme is WAY! better than Dunkin Donuts.

Nomadic One said...

Justin, I think you have gone over to the dark side if KK is better than DD! ;)

Honestly, I do like Krispy Kreme doughnuts a lot and I think they are almost equal to Dunkin Donut's except for the jelly version--DD has them beat on that one and that's why I like them better overall!

And re: their new products...the new combo just sickens me, personally. But, for those who dare, maybe it's delicious!??

Anonymous said...

We sell about 200 Kool Dogs a week... somebody likes them!