Monday, June 09, 2008

Chalk another one up for acupressure...

Okay, so Munchkin had been constipated for 2 days this weekend...firm belly, complaining about a sore tummy, etc. I decided to try an acupressure treatment (specifically for constipation) on her. It was hard to do because she is so fidget-y and ticklish but I managed to get to most of the points for a total of about 5-6 minutes. I offered to do some abdominal massage but she wouldn't let me. We went outside to do some yardwork (well, I was going to do yardwork, she was going to color the driveway w/sidewalk chalk!!). A few minutes later she yells, "Mom! I have to poop!"

So...there you have it. I don't understand it but it has worked every time I've used it on someone thus far, for whatever reason (pain, fatigue, etc.). I need to learn more, don't I??

No comments: