Monday, October 09, 2006

#2 reason why I hate kids' birthday parties...

Because, when the birthday girl's little sister is diagnosed the next day with hand-foot-mouth virus it really screws up your week!

In actuality I feel very badly for this little one...my dd had the mouth sores strain of this virus almost three yrs ago and it is horrid. But, I was told that if you've had one strain it is still possible to get the second strain (hand and foot sores which is what my friend's dd has right now)...so, since we have our own 4th birthday party coming up next weekend--I'm crossing fingers that dd, mom and I don't get this virus (and that no one else in my friend's family or any other party guests get it either as I don't want any of them to be sick!).

So...here's to good, healthy thoughts for all of us!

No comments: