Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Last night's Fairy Story

Hmmm? What does this mean?

Last night I was about to tell Munchkin her Fairy Story, and she sometimes gives me the details she wants in it, you know?...who, where, etc. So she says, "I wanna push "J" down and break his works."

Well, J is a friend (neighbor who also goes to preschool w/Munchkin, he's a year younger but outweighs her by about 10 lbs) who lately has been pushing Munchkin...kind of tackles her over and over...every time they get together (at home, at school, at the park...). It's hard to handle...sometimes Munchkin laughs, sometimes she hates it. J's mom isn't very firm about him stopping the behavior which makes it awkward for me to handle if I am there, too. I usually tell Munchkin to say, "Stop it! Stop pushing me! I don't like it!" I'm sure J finds this hard to believe during the times when Munchkin is actually laughing about it. Other times she has bumped her head hard on the ground and it hasn't been so funny. :(

And the part of her comment about breaking his works? Well, "works" are what individual projects are called at Munchkin's Montessori preschool. I asked her if J has ever broken her works and she says 'no'...has she ever broken his works?...again, 'no'. Not sure if there are other things going on here but I am tempted to contact her teacher if it comes up again.

And, another thing...this little boy is beginning to remind me an awful lot of his father. That is NOT a good thing. I'm wondering a little if there is more than arguing and shouting going on at home between his mom and dad. It worries me a little and I don't know what to do or say.

Suggestions welcome for any of the above!

No comments: