Thursday, October 19, 2006

Free Ice Cream...

What could be better? Munchkin had a coupon for a free Coldstone Creamery ice cream for her birthday but it expires tomorrow so we went tonight to imbibe. It was cold and rainy and dark but...who cares?!!!!...IT'S ICE CREAM!

She stands before the counter, peering in at all the big vats of creamy sweetness and says, "I want that one." (there are, like, 20 tubs of ice cream) So I say, "Which one, honey?" And, again she says, "That one." This goes on two or three more times with me pointing to a different color/flavor until I am finally hitting the jackpot when I point to the bright blue option. The gal behind the counter gives her a taste spoon of it, telling me that "lots of kids choose this one." So I ask, "What is it?" thinking it might be raspberry or something. No...it's COTTON CANDY. And Munchkin wants M&Ms mixed in. Yikes. Sugar rush. Sugar high. Sugar buzz. I see it all coming and it's 7:00 p.m. (big sigh) But...it was for her birthday so I should let her choose and I do and that's what she picked.

We got our ice cream "to go" (JFTR, I got sinless vanilla with pineapple, banana, and coconut mixed in) and headed home. When we are walking up the steps into the house Munchkin says, "I'm thinking about hot chocolate."

Needless to say, since we were carrying an armload of sugar disguised as ice cream, hot chocolate was not on the agenda...how about a little "NightyNight" kids' herbal tea, sweetie?

No comments: