Saturday, October 28, 2006

Thoughts of Eddie...

For some reason this old Beatles' tune had me crying tonight. I was listening to Paul McCartney sing the song "For No One" on t.v. When he got to these lyrics, I just thought of my "brother" Eddie:

Your day breaks, your mind aches
There will be time when all the things
(he) said will fill your head
You won't forget (him)


In context of the entire song it doesn't remind me of Eddie at all but this one phrase stuck out and pierced me like a tiny dagger. I hope he knew how much I loved him...how I wish he could have met Munchkin...how I wish he could have lived to be an old man.

And, tomorrow my dad would have turned 80...instead of eternally being 41.

Damn cigarettes...they have murdered so many who meant so much to me.

2 comments:

Beth Gallagher said...

No matter how old he is or was, you have 80 years of loving each other. I know that he is so proud of you and your beautiful daughter, as is Eddie. Kali tells me that stars are Heaven's windows, so know that both of your men are watching over you.

Love you, my friend.
~B

Nomadic One said...

Thank you, dearest B! Your words made me cry tonight but they are good tears, comforting ones, I guess. And Kali is wise beyond her years (but you knew that already).

xoxo,
T