Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hello, my name is NomadicOne and I'm a...

tapaholic.

I cannot believe how addicted to tap I am getting. I google it. I practice steps while cooking dinner. I come home from a walk and sneak 5 minutes to put on my tap shoes and stomp around the kitchen to a Chuck Prophet song. I listen intently to the drum parts in all my favorite songs now...wondering what steps might fit. I borrowed a film ("Bootmen") from the library and watched it tonight...rewinding parts to try to decipher the freakin' steps.

I'm hopeless. In my mind, I am free and I am Savion Glover. I know that sounds weird! It is weird but it's how I feel. I feel so cool tapping until I glance in the mirror and see the dorky, middle-aged, white woman staring back at me, dancing clumsily around the studio. Crap.

And, my f-ing knee is f-ed up. Tonight I applied arnica cream and took tylenol and rubbed my knee, speaking the kindest of thoughts to it. Maybe I haven't expressed my appreciation and thankfulness lately...

I will tap away, however, until I need knee surgery, anyway!

2 comments:

Beth Gallagher said...

You know, all that matters is your spirit when you dance. If you are Savion Glover in your mind's eye, then you ARE Savion Glover! I envy you that you've found something that sets you free like that. So far, all I've found is cupcakes.

xoxo
B

Nomadic One said...

I wish you were here to dance w/me! And to give me a cupcake, too, of course! ;)

xoxo,
T