Tuesday, October 17, 2006

300,000,000 people...

So why are we glad about this number...our new USA population figure as of 7:30 a.m.? I know most people aren't cheering about it but I saw something on the morning news and it sounded like freakin' New Year's Eve!!!

My thoughts on this whole population issue are a little harsh, I guess. I truly think people should not procreate as much as they do. I know how strong the biological urge is but I think we should--at most--replace ourselves, you know? If you want more than one child (or two if you are part of a couple) then the rest should be adopted (and, better yet, adopt them all!).

It's not so much that I cringe at the fact that we in the USA have over 300 M residents but that this just adds to the overall world figure. How much longer can Mother Earth support us all?

And, I'm not really grumpy tonight...just rambling! :)

No comments: